Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scrapping the past




I belong to a scrapbook challenge site called Letsscrap.ning.com. It's a great site filled with lovely ladies who scrap and encourage each other to explore outside their comfort zone once in awhile. Several of the challenges lately have been about scrapping things from the past. Now and then sorts of pages and all things heritage. I found this photo of my parents taken on their wedding day and decided that I had just the right papers in my stash to use with it. As I was putting it together using the sketch of the week I realized that I didn't know all the details of that day. I could remember the wedding dress my mother wore as I had seen it when I was a child. I knew about the flowers that my mother had around her neck rather than carry a posy. I didn't know the type of details that you put on a wedding announcement though. I had no idea of the actual location or the exact date and year. I know that my Grandfather was too upset to go in while the vows were being said. You see he was a very sensitive man and my Mother was his baby girl. I was reminded by my "Aunt" that there was a cat that had been banished in the basement and because of this howled through the entire ceremony.
It's funny the things you remember about a special day. Since I have scrapped this I will remember alot more even after the flowers have faded. I am going to embark on the enormous task of scrapping all the old photos I have so that when my boy, who is only four now, wants to learn about where his Mama came from he will only have to open the book.

This page was created using Basic Grey's Urban Couture range of papers, the rolled rose Die-namics Die cut, lace found at the local op-shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment