Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Book About Me



I belong to a great sketch and challenge site called letsscrap.ning.com. It's great site with loads of fabulous sketches, very inspirational challenges and a lovely bunch of women who scrap all around the world. Recently they introduced a Book About Me challenge. I decided to have a go. So, throughout the months they will challenge me to create different layouts with one thing in common. They all have to be about me. Now, I am not a very introverted person. I try not to spend too much time focusing on me. So, as you can imagine, this will be very challenging and, who knows, maybe even a bit cathartic. This is my first LO. The challenge was to do a page about your name. I have included a hidden journal tab explaining the story but since you can't see it I'll give you the scoop. When I was little I asked my Mother "What would you have named me if you hadn't named me Molly?". She told me that when she was a little girl she had decided that if she ever had a little girl she would name her Mehitable after her favorite character in a book. Once I got older she sent me a copy of the book so, I used the cover page as my photo. Thank heavens she grew up and changed her mind because, Mehitable's Folly just doesn't have the same ring does it? ;)

1 comment:

  1. This layout is absolutely stunning! One of my favorites of your creations. You never cease to impress!

    ReplyDelete