Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Bit of This and a Bit of That

I just wanted share another couple of LOs I did for Let's Scrap Challenges.  The Easter 2010 layout was part of a scrap the stash challenge and, the A Motherly Touch layout was part of the book about me challenge. 
In the Scrap your Stash challenge you were to use 20 buttons and one diecut paper.  I bought these buttons back in 2006 and used two out of the packet at that time.  I finally put the rest to good use on this layout and, honestly, without this challenge they would still be packed away in the darkest corner of my scrap space.  I also had three of this particular diecut background paper and thought it was high time I used at least one.
The Book About Me challenge was to scrap your earliest memory and the first thing I thought of was my Mother's sweet hands.  I searched my box of old photos and found this snap taken of me and some of my first steps.  Whoever took the photo also captured my Mother's outstretched hand waiting for me to grab onto.  My Mother had a habit of cupping my face when she would kiss me and I will never forget the feel of her soft sweet hands on my face.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog Molly, I have been looking back at your work and it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete